About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Katricia Powers, and I've taught first grade in Oklahoma for six years at an amazing school with amazing people. I'm starting my first year as a second grade teacher in Washington State this year, and am so excited! Teaching is my passion along with being mom to three rowdy boys! I am also lucky enough to be happily married to the love of my life.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

What's New Going Back to School?

The big news that I spoke of….I've relocated to Washington State!  This is a huge change from Oklahoma.  One of the most significant changes…rain, but no tornados!  Yay!  Well, no significant tornados (aka, giant, mile-wide ones), and July has been beautiful.  I've really enjoyed the change.  Another change-a new school and a new grade.  I'll be teaching 2nd grade this year, which brings me to the problem of how to change the name of this blog.  I'll still be making products for primary grades, but I will be including things that I'm doing in my class this year.

With the new school, the new grade, and, of course, a new classroom, I've been working on some new projects.  Mostly projects that will include decorations!  I'm very excited about this, but don't want to post any until I have them on my classroom walls to be sure they look as good finished as they appear on my screen. :) Since that will be a little while (my stuff for my classroom is still in storage in Oklahoma and yet to arrive *fingers crossed only one more week*), I've decided to post about a first days rule book that I created last summer.

I used this at the beginning of last year in first grade, but it easily adapts to 2nd and K.  It is a lot of coloring and tracing, as well as a guide to move through the rules.  I love this product, and will be using it again.  I'm discounting it in celebration of my new move!
Get it HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment