About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm Katricia Powers, and I've taught first grade in Oklahoma for six years at an amazing school with amazing people. I'm starting my first year as a second grade teacher in Washington State this year, and am so excited! Teaching is my passion along with being mom to three rowdy boys! I am also lucky enough to be happily married to the love of my life.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Big Changes!

It's been a while since I posted, and it's been a crazy year!  Last summer, I taught summer school, which was a lot of fun but kept me from posting some of the great stuff I've been working on.  One of the things I meant to post about was some RTI Fluency Practice that I used in summer school.  The class I had was first graders moving to second, but needed a little boost in reading.  I added this practice, which I could do very quickly, one-on-one, with small groups, to boost fluency:
The great thing about this little gem was that I could teach 5 Dolch words at a time, review them in easy sentences, and the next day add 5 more.  Many of the sentences would repeat previous words that had been taught to create fluency.  I kept my sentences in chart form, but over a full school year, it could be used to cut in strips and have students review words in pairs.  To get this product at a discounted rate, check out my TPT store:

HERE

I have several new items I've created to add, but also exciting news about moving to a new state, a new school, a new grade, and an updated blog to share in upcoming posts.  Until then, here's a hint for the new blog look:

No comments:

Post a Comment